The purchase of a Skyway Monte Bianco ticket entails the acceptance of the following regulations. We therefore ask you to read them attentively
AMENDMENTS TO RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR TRAVELLERS IN LINE WITH THE PROTOCOL OF THE AUTONOMOUS REGION OF VALLE D’AOSTA TO COMBAT AND CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS FOR TOURIST CABLE CARS
Rules and regulations for passengers.
Passengers must respect the following rules:
1. Where possible, buy tickets online or from the automatic ticket machines.
2. Do not use the cable car if you have symptoms of acute respiratory infection that may be caused by the Covid-19 virus or a temperature higher than 37.5°C.
3. Follow the signage and, along the routes marked inside the stations, always keep a metre away from others.
4. Wear a protective surgical face mask over nose and mouth.
5. Sanitise your hands or gloves before getting into and after getting out of the cabin.
6. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Keep to your correct position in the cabin.
8. Notify a member of staff if you experience any symptoms of acute respiratory infections that may be caused by the Covid-19 virus or a temperature higher than 37.5°C.
A. CONDITIONS AND INFORMATION
1. Passengers are required to respect the present regulations and observe the dispositions issued by the competent authorities and by the employees of Società Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. for the purposes of the regularity and safety of the system’s functioning.
2. Violations of the norms of the ticket regulations and the aforementioned instructions entail the immediate confiscation of the ticket and the application of legislative sanctions, and particularly Valle d’Aosta regional law n. 20 of 18 April 2008 and Presidential Decree 11 July 1980 n. 753.
3. The purchase of a ticket implies the knowledge and acceptance of all the conditions established by the present regulations displayed to the public at the ticket offices.
4. The customer, before purchase, is required to procure information on meteorological conditions and visibility on the website www.montebianco.com or by asking the appropriate personnel for information directly.
5. The customer, before purchasing tickets, must acquire information regarding the range of available tickets and the applicable rate discounts.
6. The purchase of a ticket entails full knowledge and acceptance of the present ticket regulations, the personal transport regulations, and the respect of all safety conditions.
7. Self-certifications are not accepted.
8. At the ticket offices is a complaints register available to all users who should want to report inefficiencies, malfunctions or simply suggestions for the improvement of the service offered.
9. Protection of Personal Information.
9A. Disclosure Statement for Purchases at the Ticket Offices
We inform customers that the personal data collected in the sale of an individually-named ticket (weekly tickets, multiple day tickets, etc.) is processed with manual, telematic, and computer tools by the personnel appointed by the controller of the related processing and their superiors. The media on which tickets can be uploaded use either RFID (radio frequency identification) or BARCODE technology that makes it possible, through connected systems, to register the passages through the turnstiles without the active intervention of the interested parties.
The use of such technologies allows the data controller to reconstruct the route taken on a daily basis by the ticket holder. This processing is functional to the achievement of certain legitimate goals of the Company, specified below at letters c), d) and f).
The data regarding the route taken is conserved, not in an anonymous or aggregate form, for a period of roughly 18 months.
The purposes of the processing are:
(a) conclusion of the contract, including the verification of the existence of the requirements necessary for the obtainment of discounted rate conditions;
(b) issuance of the ticket valid for access to the stations and activation of any insurance guarantees connected to the same;
(c) regular execution of transport service (replacement and cancellation of tickets in case of theft or loss; reconstruction, via the elaboration of data registered with RFID technologies, of the route of a ticket holder, for example, to provide useful clues in the search for missing persons, for verification needs on the regularity of service and to assess any customer complaints);
(d) contrast of fraudulent behaviour in the use of tickets and services;
(e) fulfillment of legal obligations, such as the issuance and registration of invoices, etc.;
(f) economic management, statistical analysis of management (reconstruction, via the elaboration of data registered with RFID technologies and rendered in anonymous forms, of traffic flow and facility use, the rationalisation of service and the division of revenues with other ski areas or partners on the basis of commercial agreements, etc.).
The supply of the data, while optional, is absolutely indispensable to conclude the contract and issue the ticket. The data may be communicated only in the fulfillment of legal obligations (such as, for example, communication with law enforcement agencies) or in execution of the contract.
Preserved are the rights of the interested party as set out by art. 7 of legislative decree 196/2003, which may be exercised at any moment by contacting the data controller Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. – Loc. Entrèves, Strada Statale 26, n° 48 – 11013 Courmayeur (AO).
9B. Disclosure Statement for Online Purchases
In accordance with Legislative Decree n. 196/03 “Code in Matters of Personal Data Protection”, the company Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. (hereinafter, “Company”), in its role as data controller, is required to provide you certain information regarding the use of your personal data.
1. Source and Nature of Personal Data
Your personal data and that of any minors represented by you are normally gathered in the act of sale of the individually-named ticket (ex. seasonal station ticket, etc.) and is processed in compliance with Legislative Decree 196/03 and the obligations of confidentiality by which the Company has always been inspired.
It may happen that, in acquiring the photograph to be placed on the transport document, where required, and, more generally, in the fulfillment of the obligations deriving from the transport contract, the Company comes into possession of data that the law defines as “sensitive,” meaning that from which it may be possible to identify, among other things, a person’s racial or ethnic origin and state of health (for example, in case of accidents for the delivery of emergency care, etc.).
We inform you that providing your personal data, even that of a sensitive nature, and, where required, that of your family members of legal age is absolutely optional. However, any refusal to provide this data, being necessary to fulfill the obligations related to the management of the contractual relationship, could in fact make impossible the appropriate execution of the aforementioned relationship.
2. Modes of Data Processing
In relation to the goals indicated at point 3, the processing of personal data takes place via manual, computer and telematic tools, with a logic strictly correlated to the goals of which at point 3 and, in any case, in such a way as to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the data itself.
It should be noted that the media on which the transport documents are uploaded utilize RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology that, through connected systems, makes it possible to register passages through the turnstiles without the active intervention of the interested parties. The use of such technology allows the Company to reconstruct the route taken each day by the transport document’s holder and is functional to the Company’s achievement of certain legitimate goals, specified at point 3, letters c), d) and f). The data regarding the route taken are conserved, not in anonymous or aggregate form, for a period of roughly 18 months.
3. Purposes of Data Processing
The acquisition and processing of your personal data and that of any minors you represent, such as first name, last name, address, date of birth, and telephone number, are processed in the scope of the Company’s normal activity, for the following purposes:
(a) conclusion of the contract, including the verification of the existence of the requirements necessary for obtaining discounted rate conditions;
(b) issuance of the valid transport document for access to the ski facility and activation of any insurance guarantees connected to the same;
(c) regulating the execution of the transport service (replacement and cancellation of the transport document in case of theft or loss; reconstruction, via the elaboration of data registered with RFID technologies, of the route of a transport document to provide useful information in the search for missing persons, for requirements of verification of the regularity of service and to assess any customer complaints);
(d) contrasting fraudulent behaviour in the use of tickets and service. In this regard it should be noted that in order to allow for a timely checking of the correct use of the transport document, the photography you provide is scanned and made visible on the medium onto which the transport document is uploaded;
(e) fulfillment of legal obligations, such as the issuance and registration of invoices, performance of first-aid activities, etc.;
(f) economic management, statistical analysis of management (reconstruction, via the elaboration of the data registered with RFID technologies or acquired through the barcode placed on the printed ticket purchased on the Company’s website and rendered anonymous, of traffic flows and the use of facilities, rationalisation of service and division of revenues with other ski areas or partners on the basis of commercial agreements, etc.);
(g) information about the promotional activities and initiatives organised by the Data Controller for the benefit of customers.
The supplying of the data necessary to the fulfillment of the goals of which at point e) is obligatory in nature and any refusal to respond would entail the impossibility for the Company to fulfill its specific legal obligations and, consequently, to manage its relationship with you. The supplying of the data necessary to the fulfillment of the goals of which at points a), b), c), d), f) and g) is optional in nature; however, any refusal to respond regarding the goals of which at points a), b), c), d) and f) would entail the impossibility of performing the requested service, while, in case of refusal regarding the goals of which at point g), the Company could not inform you regarding promotional activities and other organized initiatives.
4. Categories of Subjects to Which the Data Can Be Communicated
For the performance of some of the activities correlated to the goals of the processing of personal data as specified above, the data controller can also make use of external subjects, such as:
a) banks and credit institutions for payment management;
b) professional studios of legal and fiscal assistance, for reasons strictly connected to the carrying out of the data controller’s economic activity;
c) cable facility management companies or commercial partners;
d) computer system management companies;
e) subsidiary or connected companies;
f) insurance companies;
g) Local Health Care Offices, Italian Red Cross and rescue companies.
Subjects belonging to the categories to which the data can be communicated will use said data as “Data Controllers” in accordance with the law, in full autonomy, being extraneous to the original processing carried out by the Company.
5. Subjects That May Become Aware of Personal Data
Personal data may come to the knowledge of the Company personnel appointed with its management, as well as the subjects named as data processors. An updated list of data processors can be found at the Company’s main office.
A cookie is a short string of text sent to the browser and saved on the device each time a user visits a website. The site uses proprietary and third-party cookies to improve the user’s navigation experience, making it as efficient and simple as possible. Therefore, when users visit a website, a minimal quantity of information is inserted in their device that is saved in a specific directory of the user’s web browser.
Memorized cookies cannot be used to recall any data from the hard disk, transmit computer viruses or identify and use the user’s email address. Cookies are used to improve the user’s ability to navigate the site. Particularly:
- they make it possible to navigate efficiently within the bounds of the website;
- they memorize the user name and inserted preferences;
- they make it possible to avoid inserting the same information more than once during a visit;
- they monitor the use of services by the user, so as to optimize the navigation experience and the aforementioned services.
Cookies of this type are necessary for the correct functioning of the website; they include both persistent cookies and session cookies. In the absence of such cookies, the site or certain portions of it might not function correctly. Therefore, they are always used, independently of the user’s preferences. The cookies of this category are always sent from our domain. The data controller is not required to ask for the user’s consent for technical cookies, since these are strictly necessary for the supply of service.
The cookies of this type are used to collect information about the use of the site. The data controller uses such information for statistical analysis, to improve the site and simplify its use, as well as to monitor its proper functioning. This type of cookie collects information anonymously regarding the activity of users on the site and the way in which they found it and the pages visited. Cookies from this category are sent from the site itself or from third-party domains.
Third-Party Survey Cookies
Cookies of this type are used to collect information anonymously regarding the use of the site by visitors, the keywords used to reach the site, the websites visited and the origins of the traffic. The data controller can use this information to complete reports and improve the site. Cookies of this type are sent from the site itself or the domains of third parties.
7. Rights of which in Art. 7
Finally, we inform you that article 7 of the Decree allows interested parties the exercise of specific rights. In particular, interested parties may obtain from the data controller confirmation of the existence or otherwise of their personal data and that such data be made available to them in intelligible form. Interested parties may also ask to know about the origin of the data as well as the logic and purposes on which the processing is based; to obtain the erasure, transformation into an anonymous form, or the blocking of the data processed in violation of the law, as well as the updating, rectification, or, if it is of interest, the completion of the data; to oppose, for legitimate reasons, the processing itself.
All rates are – normally – applicable for the entire season in question. These may, however, be modified at any time when there are significant variations in cost of living, tax burden, or other relevant factors. The rates indicated in the price lists are in Euros and are inclusive of the VAT in effect at the time of purchase.
C. RATE REDUCTIONS
1. All non-ordinary rates, meaning all those that enjoy special reductions linked to residence, age or other motivations, can be applied following presentation of suitable documentation. For online purchases, the declared reductions may be verified by ticket checkers via the request to see the necessary documentation.
2. Children’s Rates:
- The free “Baby” rate (under 8 years old) is meant exclusively for children who have yet to reach the age of 8 on tickets expressly indicated in the Company’s price lists and is acquirable only if an Adult, Senior or Under 18 purchases a ticket of the same type for the same duration, at the same time. In all other cases the applicable rate will be the ad hoc Baby < 8 NC (not concurrent).
- For children under 14 years of age (8-13), a reduced Under 14 children’s rate (Junior) will be applied.
- The Under 18 rate is applied to kids between the ages of 14 and 17.
- The Family rate is applicable if the family is composed of 2 adults and 2 or more children 8-17 years of age.
3. Senior Rates:
- To people over sixty-five years of age (from 66 on), a discounted Senior rate is applied.
4. Handicapped Rates:
- People with a handicap receive a discount of 50% on tickets purchasable at the Pontal ticket offices upon presentation of appropriate documentation certifying a disability of at least 70%. Such persons also receive a discount of 20% for one caregiver. These tickets cannot be purchased online.
5. Rates for regional tickets or those shared with other ski areas:
- For these tickets the special reductions connected to residency, age or other motivations are applied according to the contents of the regional price list or that of the relevant ski area.
1. In the winter period, together with a free circulation or one way ticket, it’s possible to purchase daily insurance coverage.
2. The statement of the conditions of insurance coverage (general conditions, temporal and territorial validity) can be requested at the ticket offices or viewed on the insurance provider’s website.
E. TICKET VALIDITY
1. All tickets are transport documents and also have value as fiscal receipts (D.M. 30.06.1992) and must be conserved for the duration of the journey. These are valid during the normal operating hours of the lift facilities of the company Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. open to the public.
2. Purchase of the ticket only gives you the right to use the corresponding facilities, for the sections indicated, on the day or days of validity provided for and according to the normal flow of travelers to the departures of the lift facilities. Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. also offers the possibility of purchasing the reservation of a cable car at a particular time. Such a reservation can be made on the website www.montebianco.com before midnight of the day before or directly at the company’s ticket offices from 2-4 p.m.
However the company reserves the right to institute, for particular categories of users, a partial service of precedence. Ticket holders also have the right to bring with them mountaineering equipment and a small, non-intrusive bag.
The transport of any other goods must be previously agreed on with the Company within the limits of the norms in force and operating regulations. Tickets are understood to be valid for the Season in question, or the period between the first and last day in which the facilities are open.
The Company reserves the right to alter in the course of a Season the opening dates of the facilities for unquestionable technical and/or operational reasons upon prompt communication of them on its institutional website.
F. TICKET USE
1. All day, multi-day, seasonal or annual tickets are strictly personal and may not be given to others. Any infraction will entail the ticket’s immediate confiscation, the application of the sanctions provided for by law and a report to the competent authorities.
2. There are no reimbursements except in cases in which the tickets cannot be used because of the closing of the facilities due to technical causes, adverse atmospheric conditions, or service reasons.
3. Tickets purchased online on third-party sites (such as Booking VDA) are not reimbursable.
4. Customers are required to verify at the time of purchase that the typology and price of the ticket purchased corresponds to their request.
G. PROXIMITY TICKET
Customers who acquire a day pass via the web must be in possession of an ISO keycard in use in Valle d’Aosta. If they do not, they may purchase one at any ticket office in the ski facilities of the Valle d’Aosta at the price of €5 reimbursable before the end of the winter season in question at any of the ticket offices open. After that time, the media become the customer’s property and may be used for the following seasons, save for technological modifications to the ticketing system that may become necessary.
This is still usable as a medium for the uploading of ski passes at the ticket offices in Valle d’Aosta and for online and text message purchases in the region’s facilities that make available those services.
H. MODES OF ONLINE PURCHASE
Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. tickets can be purchased online by credit card on the site www.montebianco.com (or via the links connected to it) or on third-party sites such as Booking VDA.
It’s possible to purchase only the ski passes present in the list and 24 hours a day, save temporary interruptions – even without warning – owing to technical reasons for which the site manager is not responsible for any reason.
The site manager’s responsibility is excluded for all problems deriving from the use of the internet because of a service interruption or the presence of computer viruses and all other cases which the law defines as caused by force majeure. Refusal of payment on the part of the customer’s bank implies the cancellation of the purchase process. At the end of purchase the customer receives a receipt via email that must be printed and conserved along with the ski pass in case of the purchase of day tickets, or used directly for turnstile access in case of one-way or two-way tickets: it is valid as a receipt of purchase and can be requested by the personnel responsible for the facilities in order to verify the regularity of the ticket along with a form of identification.
I. CARTE RÉSIDENT
1. The Carte Résident is issued by every ticket office in the ski facilities of Valle d’Aosta upon payment of a deposit of €5, contemporaneously with the presentation of your Fiscal Code and justificatory documents certifying residence in the Valle d’Aosta region. This becomes the indispensable medium on which will be uploaded Resident-rate ski passes.
2. The Carte Résident is valid for multiple years upon demonstration, at the beginning of each new season, of the subsistence of Valle d’Aosta residence requirements.
3. The card contains a photo, first name, last name, city of residence and date of birth and is for personal use and non-transferrable. Any infraction entails the immediate confiscation of the card and the loss of the discount for the entire duration of the season at all the region’s facilities, as well as the application of possible administrative and criminal sanctions provided for by law.
4. The return of the “security deposit” is provided for only if the card is returned to the ticket offices of a ski facility in the Valle d’Aosta in perfect conditions of wholeness and functioning and before the end of the winter season in which it was issued, as certified by the data printed on the card. After that date, the media became the property of the customer and can be used during the following seasons, save for technological adaptations to the ticketing system that should become necessary.
5. Reduced-rate tickets for Valle d’Aosta residents cannot be purchased online.
L. TICKET VERIFICATION
The purchaser has the obligation of presenting the ticket, upon request, to the authorised surveillance personnel of the facilities of the company Funivie Monte Bianco S.p.A. In the case of reduced rates, the relevant documentation must also be exhibited.
For anything not included in the above regulations, please refer to the regulations and notices exhibited at the ticket offices and ski facilities or posted on the website www.montebianco.com.